Saturday, March 2, 2013

Our Journey Getting Pregnant and Tips from Me!

First, let me say, I am in by no means a professional, but I wanted to share tips on what worked for me with getting pregnant. Remember the average woman might take a year to conceive. I was very blessed to conceive on the first try. So if you have been TTC for a year with no success, consult your OBGYN.

When we decided to try I stopped my birth control immediately. After stopping my birth control we waited three months to actively try. In April of 2012 I researched information about ovulation and found a lot of helpful information!

Here are a few steps I took before we started:

1. Stop alcohol consumption.
2. Stop tobacco products.
3. Eat healthier.
4. Begin taking prenatal vitamins.
5. DO NOT STRESS!
6. Track ovulation. If you have a smart phone, install iPeriod! It was a great app for tracking everything! Cycles, moods, food, ovulation.

Once I tracked my ovulation I made a date with my husband! The first day of my cycle was May 10th, the app said I would ovulate between May 22nd and May 29th..

On May 26th we had sex. After sex, I propped my bottom up with two pillows and rested my feet on the headboard. I didn't move for 30 minutes! I just figured gravity must help, right?! I didn't get out of bed for the rest of the night, but I did lower my legs and slept in a normal position. The following days, I did not think too much about it.

On June 5th I woke up and decided to take a test. I didn't have any symptoms, I hadn't missed my period, I just had a gut feeling. Within three minutes two lines appeared! I used the First Response Pregnancy test and would recommend them 100%! I took it 6 days before my missed period and the ads are right! It sure told me!

Now remember, we were very very blessed! Not everyone will get pregnant on the first try, or even 6th try. It can be a long process, but remember to stay calm, don't stress, and HAVE FUN!

In addition to the iPeriod app, you can also purchase ovulation tests at your pharmacy! Others have also said charting you basal body temperature works too. Here is a link for more information on temperature charting: Basal Body Temperature 

Hope some of this information is helpful to you all!

~Sarah~




No comments:

Post a Comment